Central Methodist Church
This Richardsonian Romanesque church was erected in 1892-93 according to plans by Bay City architect Dillon P. Clark. It is one of several builldings in the city constructed of red "channel rubble" sandstone discarded during a power channel excavation. The church sustained three fires, the most recent occurred on Desmber 22, 1941, during a wartime blackout. Although the interior suffered extensive damage, the original exterior structure remains substantially unchanged.