Nardin Park United Methodist Church
In 1927 the Nardin Park Methodist Episcopal Church was formed by a merger of two Detroit Churches; the Ninde Church, organized in 1886, and the Grand River Avenue Church, established in 1891. The following year and educational building and gymnasium were constructed on a site across West Chicago Boulevard from Nardin Park. The Depression delayed construction of the sanctuary. In 1937 a building campaign began. The Kresge Foundation donated $50,000. The completed sanctuary was dedicated in 1943. In 1963 the congregation sold the building to the Ebenezer African Methodist Episcopal Church. The present church was dedicated on October 17, 1965.