The First Presbyterian Church
Settlers from Hudson, Ohio, came to the Richland area (then known as Gull Prairie) in 1830. A year later, a Presbyterian congregation was organized. Established under the 1801 Plan of Union adopted by the Presbyterians and Congregationalists for churches west of New York, the church originally served both denominations. The "Presbygationalists" worshipped in the log homes of the settlers until they built their first house of worship, a wood frame structure completed in 1837 on this site.