Scott Club

Registered Site L0807

Scott Club

This federated women's club, founded as a reading circle in 1883 and named for Sir Walter Scott, merged with the Literary and Antiquarian Societies to build a clubhouse in 1892. John Cornelius Randall designed the sandstone Queen Anne structure, built by local artisans and completed in 1893. Two stained glass windows created in Austria portray Sir Walter Scott and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. This building has been in continuous use by the Scott Club as a cultural center providing fellowship for women of the area.
photo of Scott Club

Erected 1981

Location: 652 Phoenix Street
South Haven, Van Buren County

Clubs and Organizations

Latitude: 42.403247, Longitude: -86.269336

© 2022 -