Clinton United Methodist Church
Here stands Michigan's oldest Methodist church building in continual use. In 1835 members of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Clinton purchased this land. They began construction in 1837 and by 1843 raised sufficient funds for the completion of this church with its thick brick walls and German stained glass windows. In 1897 the tower was added; twenty years later the north wing was built. This pioneer church remains an inspiriation to Methodists throughout the state.